WhatsApp, till now allowed it’s users to set common custom wallpaper for it’s chats. But now it has changed as with the new software update you can set a custom wallpaper for every chat individually. WhatsApp, apart from this has also introduced many new bright as well as dark wallpapers. In this tutorial we will tell you how you can set a custom wallpaper for a specific chat on WhatsApp.
Also Read: How to Do Mobile Recharge via Google Pay.
Set a custom wallpaper on iPhone
First you need to make sure that you have got an updated version of WhatsApp from the App Store. After this all you need to do is to follow these simple steps for setting a custom wallpaper for a specific chat.
- First of all, you need to open a WhatsApp chat and tap the contact’s name in order to open their contact info.
- Now tap Wallpaper and Sound> tap Choose a New Wallpaper.
- Next you will be able to check out latest stock wallpapers from WhatsApp. These are the newly added bright and dark wallpapers that you can use to set chat backgrounds.
- You can also access the old wallpapers of WhatsApp by tapping Wallpaper Archive. You can find this by scrolling down to the bottom in the bright or dark wallpapers section.
- If you are not satisfied with the wallpaper collection provided by WhatsApp you have to option to select a custom photo from your gallery or you can set solid background colours if you like.
- In order to set a custom wallpaper, you can make your own choice. You can swipe left or right in order to preview wallpapers. Once you are done with it, hit Set>adjust the Wallpaper Dimming for tweaking the brightness.
Set a custom wallpaper on Android:
In order to set a custom wallpaper for WhatsApp chat on Android you need to follow these simple steps.
- First of all, open WhatsApp chat>tap the three dots icon>tap Wallpaper.
- Now select the wallpaper of your choice>swipe left or right to preview>tap Set Wallpaper>adjust Wallpaper Dimming for tweaking brightness and that is it.
- Other settings are almost same as they were for iPhone users.
One thing should be noted here that the update carrying this feature is still being rolled out into phases, so if you have not received it yet don’t worry you will get it very soon. This is how you can set a custom wallpaper for every chat in your WhatsApp.