WhatsApp is a very famous messaging app in the world as it is very easy to use. But there is one thing that frustrates everyone for a very long time i.e. how to send a message without number in WhatsApp or how to send message without adding a contact. There is no official way to send WhatsApp messages to unsaved numbers. It is an important feature as many of the WhatsApp privacy settings are set to My Contacts and you may not want every Tom, Dick and Harry saved in your phonebook to see your profile picture. In this article we will tell you how you can send WhatsApp messages without adding contact.
There are many third party apps that allows you to send messages on WhatsApp without adding contact but by using these app your security can be at risk and your WhatsApp can be banned. So it is always recommended to stay away from such apps. Here is how you can send WhatsApp messages without adding a contact.
How to Send Message to Unsaved Numbers without Adding a Contact:
This method works for both iOS and Android. All you have to do is to follow these easy steps on your browser and you are all set to go.
- First of all open the browser of your phone. Copy and paste this link http://wa.me/xxxxxxxxxx or this link http://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=xxxxxxxxxx into the address bar.
- In place of the ‘xxxxxxxxxx’, you will require to enter the phone number with the country code. So if the number you need to message is +929911111111 then the link will become http://wa.me/919911111111.
- Once the link has been typed, tap enter to open the link.
- Now you will see a WhatsApp webpage with the phone number of recipient and a green message button. Tap on the green button and you will be then redirected to WhatsApp.
- This is it, you can now easily send message to people without adding a contact.
How to send a WhatsApp Message to a non-contact via Siri Shortcuts
If you are using an iPhone there is another very easy method which will do the job for you. You can use the Siri Shortcuts which is an app developed by Apple that works on the devices which are running iOS 12 or newer versions. Now follow these simple steps to send the WhatsApp messages to unsaved number without adding contact through Siri Shortcuts.
- First of all download the Siri Shortcuts app.
- Now open the app, tap the gallery tab which is located on the bottom right. Now add any shortcut which you like and then run it once.
- After this go to Settings>Shortcuts>enable Allow Untrusted Shortcuts. This will let you to run Siri Shortcuts from anyone, so you need to be sure to download shortcuts made by people you trust.
- Now open this link on your iPhone and click the Get Shortlink button to download it.
- After this you will be redirected to the Shortcuts app. Tap on the Add Untrusted Shortcut.
- Now you can open the Shortcuts app and look for WhatsApp to Non Contact shortcut in My Shortcuts tab. You have the option to either run it from here or tap the three dots icon at the top of the shortcut and then tap Add to Home Screen in order to create an instant launch shortcut on the home screen.
- Once you will run this, you will be asked to enter the recipient’s number. You are required to enter it with the country code and then you will be redirected to WhatsApp with new message window open.
What are your thoughts about this article? If you want to add something you can add in the comments section below. For more tutorials, visit our How to section.