Spain have participated in 10 Euro Cup tournaments till date and became the most successful team in the Euro Cup history.
- Spain won their first EURO Cup in 1964 (at home) and after that they won the title in 2008 (Austria/Switzerland) and 2012 (Poland/Ukraine).
- this is the 7th consecutive EURO Cup appearance for Spain.
- Spain is the first and only side to retain the Henri Delaunay trophy.
- Spain’s dream to win the title 3rd time in a row was shattered by Italy in round of 16 at UEFA EURO 2016. Azzurri won the game 2-0.
- Spain and Germany are the most successful EURO teams having won the cup thrice.
- Spain’s overall record in Seville is outstanding. They have played 48 games, won 39, drawn 5 and lost 4 games.
Spain Record in Euro Cup:
Spain won it’s first Euro Cup title on 1964 when they beat Soviet Union 2-1 in the Final.
Lost all games in 1980 EURO Cup
Reached the final of the 1984 edition of Euro Cup but lost to France 2-0
Won only one game i.e. against Denmark 3-2
Reached the Quarter-Final of 1996 edition but lost to England on Penalties.
Spain’s journey in to 2000 edition of Euro Cup also ended in Quarter-Final and this time it was France who beat them 2-1.
In 2004 edition, Spain only won one game i.e. against Russia 1-0. They were knocked out of the competition at group stage along with Russia.
Spain became the champion of the Euro 2008 when they beat Germany 1-0. Fernando Torres scored the only goal in 33rd minute of the game. This was the start of Spanish supremacy in Football.
|Republic of Ireland||3||0||0||3||1||9||−8||0|
Spanish was at the top of their game as they won the Final of Euro 2012 against Italy 4-0. Spain was unbeaten in both Euro 2008 and Euro 2012.
In the 2016 edition of Euro Cup Spanish team lost to Italy in the round of 16. In this edition Spanish winning streak of 14 matches was broken by Croatia when they beat Spain 2-1 on 21st June 2016.