MS Word is the most widely used text editor which is used for creating text documents. MS Word has been equipped with many tools as well as features for creating the documents easily. Among many features of MS Word, one is SmatArt which will allow you to communicate information with the images instead of text. MS Word has got many styles to select from which can be used for illustrating different types of ideas.
For inserting SmartArt graphic, you are required to follow these simple steps.
- First of all you are required to place insertion point in the document where you need your SmartArt graphic to appear.
- From the Insert tab you are required to select the SmartArt command in the Illustrations group.
- A dialog box will appear and then you have to select the category on the left hand side and select the desired SmartArt graphic and then click OK.
You will see that the SmartArt graphic will appear in your document.
Adding text to a SmartArt graphic
- Select the SmartArt graphic and you will notice that a text pane will appear on the left side.
- Now you need to enter the text next to each of the bullet in the text pane. The text will appear in the corresponding shape. You will notice that the text will be reshaped automatically in order to fit inside the shape.
Adding and Deleting Shapes:
- Adding new shapes, changing the orders and also deleting the shapes from your SmartArt graphic is a very easy affair/ you can do all of this in a text pane.
- For adding new shape, you are required to place insertion point after the desired bullet and press Enter. A new bullet will appear in the text pane and new shape will appear in the graphic.
- In order to remove the shape, you are required to keep pressing Backspace until the bullet is deleted. You will notice that the shape is removed.