Instagram has come up with a much needed Recently Deleted feature that will allow you to view as well as recover deleted posts in the app. Instagram has also added protection so that your account can be protected from the hackers. This feature has been introduced for both Android phones and iPhones. It has been introduced in phases so there are chances that you might not access this feature at the moment.
Earlier there was no other way of recovering the deleted Instagram posts but now you can permanently delete or restore your posts easily from the Recently Deleted folder. From now on all your deleted photos, stories, IGTV videos and reels will go into Recently Deleted folder so that you can later access the deleted content. Your stories which are not archived will be deleted after 24 hours and all other content will automatically be deleted from your account after 30 days.
How to Restore Deleted Posts:
For recovering the deleted posts from your Instagram account you can follow these steps.
- First of all install the latest version of Instagram from Google Play or App Store.
- Now open the app and go to your Profile.
- In the next step tap the hamburger menu at the top-right corner and go to Settings.
- Now go to Account and tap on new Recently Deleted.
- All your recently deleted content will be displayed on the screen.
- In the next step tap the post you would like to restore and then tap the three dots icon at the top.
- Now you can either select to delete the post permanently or recover it. Tap on Restore to recover your deleted post.
- While recovering you will first have to verify that it is you for the security purposes. You will receive one-time password on your phone number or email ID.
- After this enter the code and tap Confirm.
- Your deleted Instagram post will be restored.