After almost a year and a half, India is ready to host a home Test series. India will host England for 4 Tests, 5 T20Is and 3 ODIs. The Test matches will be played in the closed doors and there will be three rounds of COVID testing before the first test.
The first two Tests of the series would be played in Chennai and the next two will be played in Ahmedabad. The series will start on 5th February and both the teams are scheduled to arrive in Chennai on 27th January. Both the teams will enter in the bio-secure bubble in the same hotel. England tour to India will start with the first Test match on 5th February in Chennai. The 4-match Test series will be very crucial to both the sides as India is looking to finish in the top-two in ICC World Test Championship table. India is at the number 1 spot after their impressive 2-1 victory against Australia. But they are required to win the series by at least 2-0 in order to ensure that they finish ahead of New Zealand and book their final at Lord’s.
On the other hand, England, besides winning the ongoing test in Sri Lanka will have to win the series 3-0 in order to make it to Lord’s.
Schedule and venue:
Tests (Two in Chennai, two in Ahmedabad)
- 1st Test: February 05-09, MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 09:30 AM IST
- 2nd Test: February 13-17, MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 09: 30 AM IST
- 3rd Test: February 24-28, Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad, 02:30 PM IST [D/N Test]
- 4th Test: March 04-08, Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad, 09:30 AM IST
T20Is (All in Ahmedabad)
- 1st T20I, March 12, 07:00 PM IST
- 2nd T20I, March 14, 07:00 PM IST
- 3rd T20I, March 16, 07:00 PM IST
- 4th T20I, March 18, 07:00 PM IST
- 5th T20I, March 20, 07:00 PM IST
ODIs (All in Pune)
- 1st ODI, March 23, 01:30 PM IST
- 2nd ODI, March 26, 01:30 PM IST
- 3rd ODI, March 28, 01:30 PM IST
Squad (For first two Tests):
India: Virat Kohli (C), Ajinkya Rahane (VC), Rohit Sharma, Mayank Agarwal, Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, KL Rahul, Hardik Pandya, Rishabh Pant (WK), Wriddhiman Saha (WK), Ravichandran Ashwin, Kuldeep Yadav, Axar Patel, Washington Sundar, Ishant Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, Md. Siraj, Shardul Thakur
England: Joe Root (C), Jos Buttler (WK), Zak Crawley, Ben Foakes (WK), Dan Lawrence, Jack Leach, Ben Stokes, Olly Stone, Chris Woakes, Jofra Archer, Moeen Ali, James Anderson, Dom Bess, Stuart Broad, Rory Burns.
When And Where To Watch:
The home series of India against England will be broadcast on the Star Sports network. Viewers can also live stream the same on Disney Hotstar online.