Instagram is an app that has been primarily developed for the smartphones. With this app you can upload you photos and share them with your friends. There is a web portal of Instagram as well but that only lets you check out the latest stuff posted by your friends. It does not allow you to upload anything from your PC or laptop. But there are few methods which will enable you to upload your photos on Instagram from your PC or laptop.
Turn your browser into a smartphone:
Turning your browser into a smartphone? Seems odd hmmm but you can convince your web browser to act as a mobile device and it will be able to post photos on your Instagram account. Below is a step by step tutorial to turn your browser into a smartphone.
- First of all you need to open Instagram web portal on your browser.
- Once the web portal is opened now right click anywhere you like on the page and then select Inspect from the menu (In case of Firefox select Inspect Element).
- Now a panel will appear on the right-hand side of the screen or on the bottom. You will see a small icon that is similar to a tablet or smartphone in the top left corner of the panel. You need to click on that icon and then wait for the Instagram interface to refresh.
- Now you will notice that the page will show Instagram layout similar to the one on mobile app. You will see a + (upload) button/icon as well. In case you are unable to see the + icon then refresh your page and it will appear. Now upload the photo of your choice and when the task is completed just click on the tablet and smartphone icon once again and close the inspect panel.
If you are using Safari then you need to visit the Instagram web portal and the select Develop option located at the top of the screen. After this follow this path User Agent>Safari>iOS (the version of the current iOS). Now when you will refresh the page you will be able to upload your images to Instagram.
Another useful method to upload the images to Instagram from your PC or laptop is by using the BlueStack player. It is actually an Android emulator app which can be installed easily on both your PC and Mac. In order to use BlueStacks you are required to have a valid Google Account. One plus of BlueStacks is that you can use is for various other Android apps and gaming. Below is a step by step method for uploading photos from your computer to Instagram.
- First and foremost, you need to download and then install BlueStacks and then be patient for few minutes so that it starts working.
- You have got the option to skip the tutorial provided by the app, and you also need to make sure to select correct language before “Continue.”
- After this you will be asked to sign in to your Google account. Enter you email and then press OK.
- Now you will be able to see PlayStore, from here search for Instagram app and install it by using BlueStacks.
- The Instagram icon will appear and after that you can launch it and sign in to your account.
- That’s it now you are all set to upload your images to your Instagram account.
Use Vivaldi Browser:
Well Vivaldi browser is a very nice web browser with some cool and impressive features like a built-in ad blocker plus it is quite fast as well. But the most striking feature of this browser is that it can easily run mobile version of Instagram. Below is a step by step guide to upload photos in Instagram using Vivaldi browser.
- First of all you need to download and install Vivaldi, the free web browser.
- Now you need to open Instagram by using Vivaldi and click on the +icon located on the left side of browser. Pressing the + icon will add a new web panel.
- Now Vivaldi will open Instagram’s mobile version in the panel automatically. This browser allows you to continue to browse other websites while this panel is still open.
- You need to click + icon on Instagram in order to pick a photo that you need to upload and then finish the posting process.