It is never easy to move from one instant messenger to another one as lots of times you lost many things and then have to start from scratch. If you are in the same league then Telegram has a brand-new feature for you i.e. the ability to import chats from WhatsApp. You are required to follow some simple steps for transferring the chats from WhatsApp to Telegram but you need to make sure that you have got Telegram 7.4 Update as this is the version that brings the migration feature.
Transferring WhatsApp messages to telegram on Android:
- First of all, open chat in WhatsApp and then tap three vertical dots located at the top right corner.
- Now tap Export Chat> select Telegram in the Share menu.
- You will now be asked to restore with or without media. Now select the option as per your preferences.
- By following these steps, you can transfer particular WhatsApp chat on Telegram. At the moment you can move chats one by one as there is no way to move them in bulk. You can also export group chats by using same method.
Transfer WhatsApp chats to telegram on iOS
- First of all, open a chat in WhatsApp and then tap the area beside the profile picture of the contact on the top.
- Now tap Export Chat>select Telegram in Share menu.
- There is a quick way to perform this by going to main chat screen of WhatsApp and then swiping left on the chat and tapping Export Chat. All the messages that you will import include original timestamps and it comes with a flag at the bottom that says ‘Imported’.
What are your thoughts about this article? If you want to add something you can add in the comments section below. For more tutorials, visit our How to section.