With the advanced voice recognition support on Android and iPhone, users can easily send messages without typing. All you have to do is to configure some settings before WhatsApp can send messages for you without typing. This feature is useful especially when you are not in close contact with your phone but in its proximity. Voice assistant on your phone can also be used to read the new WhatsApp messages. But for that it requires some additional permissions.
Google Assistant has allowed the users to send WhatsApp messages by using their voices since 2015. Next year i.e. in 2016, Apple also brought Siri to 3rd-party messaging apps that was leveraged by WhatsApp shortly after official release of iOS 10.
How to send WhatsApp messages without typing on Android:
Before enabling your Android device to send WhatsApp messages without typing you need to make sure that you are using latest WhatsApp version. You also require latest Google Assistant version installed into your phone. Updates for Google Assistant can be checked from Google Play. For sending WhatsApp messages without typing on Android follow these steps.
- First of all. Go to Popular Settings by simply tapping on your profile photo from the top right corner on Google Assistant and then scroll down to Personal results. Turn on that function.
- Now say ‘Hello Google’ or ‘OK Google’ in order to activate voice assistant.
- Now say “Send a WhatsApp message to…” with any name in your contact to whom you need to send WhatsApp message.
- Now Google Assistant will ask you to speak the message which you wanted to send over WhatsApp. You are required to speak in a clear voice.
- Then you have to say “Okay, send it” to allow Google Assistant send your message without letting you type on the screen.
It must be noted that Google Assistant may not ask for your approval for sending your message and may send it directly to the contact you already sent a message to. You also have to enable Google Assistant to use without unlocking your phone in order to get a complete hands-free experience. For this you need to go to Popular Settings>Lock Screen.
How to send WhatsApp messages without typing on iOS:
By following the steps listed below you can send WhatsApp messages without typing on iOS. You can send WhatsApp messages without typing on iOS 10.3 or later.
- First of all, go to Settings>Siri & Search and after that turn on Listen for “Hey Siri”.
- Now scroll down and then tap WhatsApp and after that enable Use with Ask Siri in order to activate Siri integration.
- You can now say ‘Hey-Siri! Send a WhatsApp message to…’ followed by the name of your contact which you want to send a message.
- Siri will ask from you what you want to send. You can then tell Siri the message which you want to send to the contact.
- Now you will see a preview on the screen of your iPhone with your message. Siri will read it for you.
- Siri will ask you if you are ready to send the message. If you are satisfied then you can say ‘Yes’ to send your message to your contact over WhatsApp.