You may be unaware of the fact that your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch all have a hidden scanner embedded in their software. This scanner will allow you to scan and send your documents without the need of a 3rd party app. You can also sign a document with your iPhone as well.
No doubt there are many 3rd party scanning apps available and some of them have got very handy features. But if you just need to scan and send a document or sign a document by using your iPhone or iPad then here is how you can do it easily.
How to Scan a Document on your iPhone or iPad:
In order to scan a document with your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch you need to follow these simple steps.
- First of all open Notes app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Now create a new Note.
- Tap on the camera button icon (located at the bottom when the keyboard is not open)
- Now tap on Scan Documents.
- Now place all the documents which you want to scan in from of camera.
- You can select Auto from top right corner. When selected, the camera will frame and scan your document automatically.
- If you prefer manual mode then line the document up (a yellow box will appear around it) and the press the shutter button.
- Now tap on the scan located at the bottom left corner and then tap on the crop tool.
- You can then drag the corners in order to adjust your scan.
- Tap Done and then tap on Save.
Scanning document using the Mail app:
- First of all open Mail app.
- Got to Create a new Email.
- Press and hold in the content box until a black box appear.
- Tap on the right arrow until you see ‘Scan Document‘.
- Now tap Save.
With this you can send your scan directly from Mail.
Also Read: How to Save Photos in JPG Format on iPhone.
How to Sign a Document using your iPhone or iPad:
You can also sign your document by using your iPhone or iPad. For this you are required to follow these simple steps.
- First of all, find the documents which you need to sign.
- Now press and hold on the file name.
- Now tap on Share.
- Select ‘Markup‘.
- After this tap on + located at the bottom right corner.
- Now tap Signature.
- Sign your name by using your finger or Apple Pencil on a compatible iPad.
- Now tap ‘Done‘ located at the top.
- Drag your signature wherever you want on your document.
- Now drag the corners of the box in order to make your signature smaller.
- Now tap ‘Done‘ located at the top left corner.
- Tap on ‘Save File To….’
Once a signature is created, it will be an option the next time you sign a document so that you can select it to add it to another document. You can also opt for adding another signature.