Netflix is the most famous streaming service all around the world. With its mind-blowing shows like Stranger Thins, Sex Education and The Umbrella Academy, people are glued to their screens. Now if you have forgotten the password of your Netflix account and you want to change it in order to enhance the security more then no worries, we are here to help you.
You should change the passwords of your account on regular basis in order to keep your information away from the unauthorized access. With this you can stop the 3rd parties from using your account for free. There are different ways of changing your Netflix password. You can opt for your Internet browser (anyone of your choice) or you can change it via Netflix app on your mobile or tablet.
Changing your Netflix Password via Your Browser
In order to change the Netflix password, you need to follow these simple steps.
- First of all, open Netflix in your browser and then sign in by clicking the red button located at the top right corner of your screen.
- Now select your profile and then you will be directed to the Netflix landing page. Now you need to hover your cursor over the profile picture located in the right corner of your browser. Now select Account from the drop-down menu.
- You will see your password in asterisks underneath the Membership & Billing section. Just click on the Change Password to the right-hand side of it.
- Now you can enter your current password and after that enter your new password. You need to type in the desired password again in order to confirm it.
- Now you will see a check box which says “Require all devices to sign in again with new password”. You need to make sure that this check ox is checked in order to ensure that any 3rd parties using your account will require your new password to continue using your account.
Changing Password on Your Mobile
Changing password of your Netflix account is also possible through mobile app. In order to do this just follow these simple steps
- First of all login and then select your profile.
- Now click on More located on the bottom right corner of the application.
- Now you are required to click on the Account, and account settings will open up in the browser of your device.
- After this you need to follow the same steps as mentioned in the upper portion for changing the password.
How to Select a Strong Password
When you are going to select a new password, you need to make sure that it is a strong one by using mixture of numbers, letters (uppercase and lowercase). You can also enter the punctuation marks like %, ! and # etc. You should also use the password that you don’t use in any other applications. Because if one account is hacked then hackers can gain access to other accounts that use same login details. Don’t worry about it that how will you remember lots of different passwords as there are many password managers.
How to Reset your Netflix Password
If you have forgotten your login credentials you can reset your Netflix password. For this follow these simple steps
- Go to Netflix login page either from your browser or on your mobile app.
- Now click on the ‘Need Help?’ underneath the Sign In button.
- From there you can easily reset your password by using the email address or the mobile phone number which is associated with your account.
Now if by chance you have forgotten your email address as well then select Text Message (SMS) and you will get verification code to reset your password. If you don’t remember your email address or phone number by which you signed up with then click I don’t remember my email or phone’ located at the bottom of the page. Now you will be able to fill in account details to recover your credentials.