PhonePe is a platform for digital payments which is founded in 2015 and was acquired by FLipKart in 2016. This app was the first app to cross 10 million downloads. It lets the users to make payments, pay bills, get recharges and transfer funds.
PhonePe app lets it’s users to select different modes of payments for completing recharge, UPI is the simplest one which lets the users of different telecom providers to get recharge in few easy steps. If you are looking for using this app for your next recharge through UPI, we have come up with a step-by-step tutorial on how you can do so.
Set up UPI through PhonePe app:
- First of all, download the app from Google Play if you are an Android user or App Store if you are an iPhone user.
- Now open the app and you will be asked to enter your phone number in order to receive an OTP.
- Once you give SMS permissions to the app, the app will detect the OTP automatically.
- Now the app will ask for the location, contacts as well as phone permissions.
- Now you will see Add bank account on the homepage, you need to tap on it.
- In the next step you will select your bank and the app will pick up UPI details automatically.
- You will receive a message from your bank setting that UPI has been enabled.
- Similarly, you will receive a message from PhonePe as well.
- Now tap on Proceed to add and the process should be completed.
Recharge via UPI through PhonePe app:
For recharging via UPI through PhonePe app you need to follow these steps.
- First of all, on the homescreen, tap the Mobile Recharge option.
- Now select your phone number or any other one that you want to get a recharge for.
- In the next step select your operator as well as network circle.
- You need to see all the plans offered by the operator under various different tabs.
- Scroll through and also select the prepaid plan that is suitable for you.
- You need to make sure that you are present on the BHIM UPI tab under the Debit From section.
- Now select the bank account you just connected with PhonePe app.
- In the next step tap on Recharge.
- Now enter the UPI pin and wait. Your recharge should be successful.
What are your thoughts about this story? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.