WhatsApp Groups is a very handy feature for staying connected with your family, friends and colleagues. But sometimes this feature is misused by many people who add tons of people into their groups in order to promote their services or sell their products. These group are mostly created without getting the permission from the participants and this can be annoying sometimes. Most of the people don’t like to be part of unnecessary groups and thinks that it will be considered as a rude behavior if they exit the group. In order to be safe you need to filter that will stop random people from adding you into their groups.
How to prevent unknown users from adding you to WhatsApp groups
WhatsApp have come up with a setting that can be tweaked in the privacy section. This will spare you from getting added into random groups. This setting will allow you to customize who can add you into the groups. By default the setting is set to ‘Everyone’ which means anyone can add you in a any group if he/she has your number. In order to avoid from being added into random groups you need to follow these simple steps.
- First of all, open WhatsApp and then click on the three dots located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now click on Settings option and then tap Account.
- In the next step click on Privacy > Groups. The default settings is set to ‘Everyone’.
- There are three options ‘Everyone’, ‘My Contacts’ and ‘My Contacts Except’.
- Everyone option will let any of the users with your phone number, add you in a group without your permission.
- ‘My Contact’ option will only allow those users to add you in a group who are in your contact list.
- ‘My Contact Except’ option will allow you to select exactly who can add you into the groups by allowing you to filter further and delist the contacts you don’t want to be added by a group.