WhatsApp now allows you to make as well as receive voice and video calls from WhatsApp desktop app for Windows and Mac. This feature was earlier introduced to some selected users only but now it has been introduced for everyone in India. It will come handy for the ones who use WhatsApp desktop every day for work or for personal reasons.
According to WhatsApp the calling feature is supported on Windows 10 64-bit version 1903 or later and macOS 10.13 or later. At the moment you can only make one-to-one calls as the group calls are not supported at the moment.
System Requirements for WhatsApp video calls on PC:
In order to make WhatsApp voice and video calls on your desktop, you will require three things.
- An audio output device and microphone for calls. If you need to make video calls you also require a webcam.
- An active Internet connection on your computer and phone.
- You will also need to grant WhatsApp permission in order to access microphone and camera of your computer for making calls.
How to make WhatsApp calls on a PC
For making the WhatsApp calls on PC you need to follow these steps.
- First of all, install WhatsApp’s desktop app for Windows or Mac.
- Use your smartphone to scan the QR code on your computer.
- Your WhatsApp account will open on the screen.
- Now you need to open the chat and click on the voice call icon or video call icon located at the top right corner.
- A WhatsApp voice/video call will be placed directly from your desktop.
- The desktop voice and video call of WhatsApp works in similarly as it does on any Android device or iOS app. It is also end-to-end encrypted.