There are several occasions when you will find an image somewhere that has got some text on it, but not sure which font has been used on the image. You can identify the font that has been used in an image/ there are loads of uses of it like allowing you to find as well as download a font that you love which was used in a picture. You may find a meme and would love to make one of them with similar font.
How to identify fonts in an image
In order to find fonts in an image you can follow these simple steps.
- First of all you need to download the photo or copy URL where the photo is hosted.
- Now you need to go to Font Squirrel website.
- Now click Upload Image of you have got the photo on your PC. If not then click an image URL and paste the URL.
- Now you need to crop the image in order to highlight the text on the image. You just need to drag the blue borders so that the box covers only the text on the image.
- Now you need to click Matcherate It.
- You will have many options below the image. You can then select the correct font and either download or purchase it from the website. Select the Font Squirrel below the image in order to see only free fonts.
How to identify fonts in an image using Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop is an impressive and world-renowned editing application and it allows you to identify fonts in an image. Then follow these simple steps.
- First of all you need to download the image where you have seen the desired font.
- Now open Adobe Photoshop on your computer and then open the image by using the app.
- In the next step use the rectangular marquee tool and draw rectangle around the font you need to identify.
- Now select Type>Match Font from the toolbar.
- You can then either pick from fonts which are already installed on your PC or download matching ones from the Web.
What are your thoughts about this article? If you want to add something you can add in the comments section below. For more tutorials, visit our How to section.