WhatsApp is always looking for enhancing the user experiences and for making comfortable as well as interactive. WhatsApp introduced the much-awaited dark mode earlier this year for Android, iOS and the Web application. The dark mode has been introduced to lessen the restrain on your eyes. The dark mode is colour themed which is based on Black, Grey and the Off-white colours which will have a very soothing effect on your eyes. Apart from the dark mode, WhatsApp is also planning to come up with a Mute Forever feature. This feature is available for Beta users. With this feature you can mute any specific group or individual chat for eight hours, one week, one year or permanently.
After the COVID-19 pandemic as the work from home has become a new norm and people are mostly having virtual meetings on WhatsApp which means people are spending more time on WhatsApp so Dark Mode feature gets more importance. In this tutorial we will tell you how to enable or disable Dark Mode on WhatsApp.
How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on WhatsApp:
- First of all, you need to open WhatsApp and then tap on the three dots on the top right corner besides the search option.
- Now on the drop-down menu you need to click on Settings.
- Now tap on ‘Chats’ option and then go to Display menu.
- In the next step you need to click on ‘Theme’ option and tap on option ‘Dark’ to enable the dark-mode while tap on the ‘Light’ in order to disable the dark theme.
- In order to have automatic setting of Dark Mode you are required to click on ‘System Default’ which will apply dark mode only when the phone’s dark mode is activated.
How to Enable and Disable Dark Mode on WhatsApp Web:
For enabling or disabling Dark Mode on WhatsApp Web you need to follow these steps.
- First of all, you need to visit web.whatsapp.com on your browser and scan the QR code through your iOS/Android based WhatsApp account in order to sync your account.
- Once the account is synced you need to click on three dots on the top-right corner of the contacts’ window.
- In the drop-down menu you are required to click on settings and go to ‘Themes’.
- After you click on the Themes, select on the option ‘Dark’ to enable dark-mode while click on ‘Light’ to disable the dark theme in the application.