Google Pay, the digital payment app from Google is a very famous platform for the Indians users to send as well as receive money easily. Now the app is also offers a series of offshoot services for its members which also includes the ability to prepaid mobile recharge. If you are a MTNL, Airtel, Vi, Jio or BSNL subscriber in India you can do mobile recharge via Google Play in some simple steps. Apart from this, users can also pay the utility bills which include gas bills, electricity bill and DTH recharge via Google Play.
For all the prepaid subscribers in India, Google Pay is a very accessible option for recharging. For all those who are interested here is a step-by-step guide on how to do a mobile recharge via Google Pay.
How to do mobile recharge on Google Pay
- First of all you need to download Google Pay via Google Play or App Store. Once downloaded it will ask for your mobile number and verifies it via an OTP to register. All the prepaid customers of Jio, Airtel, MTNL, BSNL and Vodafone Idea can avail the mobile recharge service freely. For recharging the mobile on Google Pay you need to follow these steps.
- First of all you need to download Google Pay and then register by following some easy steps on screen.
- Now you are required to allow necessary permissions to the app for flawless experience.
- Once registered, you need to go to the People section on the homepage.
- Now click on the Mobile Recharge and type in mobile number to link it.
- You can access your contact list on the phone in order to recharge any number or type it in if you know it verbatim. When you type the number manually, Google Pay provides you the contact suggestions from your contact list.
- Once you have selected and linked the number, it offers you a list of plans to select from. There is a For You tab that provides you the suggestions which are based on the recharge history. It has also got a Recommended tab, Data tab that provides plans with the data benefits. It has also got a Top-Up tab that offers the talk time balance plus a Special Recharge tab that provides you a mix of the plan options.
- Now select the plan you need to recharge. Once it is done, you need to head for payment. When you will do it for the first time, you are required to provide the bank account details. You need to add these details only once and then they will be saved for all the subsequent transactions. In order to add the bank details, you will have to keep your debit or credit card with you. You need to follow the mentioned steps and then complete bank registration process which includes the creation of UPI PIN.
- Once the bank account details are added you can continue to pay for the mobile recharge plan. Google Pay will ask you to punch in the UPI PIN once again.
- Once the PIN is added your payment should be processed and the recharge should be credited to your prepaid account soon. You will then get an SMS alert regarding the payment process and can recharge account.