WhatsApp lets you change your phone number without losing the chats and in this article, you will learn how you can do it. WhatsApp is the most widely used instant messenger all around the globe. People use WhatsApp for sending messages and making voice/video calls. WhatsApp works with your phone number and you are required to update your WhatsApp account when you change your existing number. It is very easy for the regular WhatsApp users to change their phone number without losing chats which are stored in the app.
For changing the phone number, WhatsApp has got a dedicated Change Number feature. This allows you to move from old phone number to a new one. This feature provides the ability for the users to inform their contacts automatically about the change. For changing the WhatsApp phone number without losing chats by following these simple steps.
- First of all, open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Now go to Settings if you are an iPhone user. For Android users you can access the settings menu by tapping three dots menu from top right corner of the screen.
- Now tap on the Account option and then tap Change Number.
- You will see a screen asking you to confirm whether you are able to receive SMS or phone calls on your new number. If you have confirmed then press Next button.
- Now enter your old as well as new numbers.
- Now tap Next to move to the final stage of changing your WhatsApp number.
- Now WhatsApp will ask you whether you want the contacts to be notified about your new number. You have the option to select All contacts, Contacts I have chat with or custom numbers – who will be informed about the change.
- Now tap Done.
That’s it you will now get a six-digit code via SMS or a phone call to complete the registration process. Once it is registered your WhatsApp chats will be available on your new phone number.
What are your thoughts about this article? If you want to add something you can add in the comments section below. For more tutorials, visit our How to section.