Instagram has introduced some cool new special effects for your DMs. After a recent software update, Facebook has merged the Messenger app with Instagram DMs. After this update Instagram DMs has got some cool new features like ability to set up custom chat color, custom emoji reactions and vanish mode etc. In this tutorial we will tell you about one of the many new features that have come after the mergence of Instagram DMs and Messenger.
Also Read: How to repost an Instagram story.
Add Special Effects to Instagram DMs
As mentioned above you can add the special effects in Instagram DMs, whenever you reply to someone or send a new message to someone. For that you need to follow these simple steps.
- First of all, you need to make sure that you have got the latest version of Instagram app which is installed in your mobile.
- Now open any chat on Instagram and then type a message.
- Now you need to tap a magnifier on the left side next to the text entry field.
- Now you will see four new effects to select from.
- Now tap and choose the one option that you like.
- This is it, you will send a message along with a special effect of your choice.
Instagram also allows you to save messages in order to use them as quick replies. In order to do that you are required to follow these simple steps.
- In order to save a sent message, long press on it and then tap Save.
- Now you will be asked for assigning a shortcut, enter it and the tap Save.
- To save received message you need to long press on it>tap More>tap Save. Now assign a shortcut command on it.
- Now whenever you need to send a quick reply all you need to do is to use the shortcut instead of typing complete phrase.
With this you can add a little spice to your Instagram DMs by adding some cool effects as well as saving instant replies.