Google Chrome is a free web browser from Google. It has got a very simple and clean design as well as some advanced features. Chrome has become very famous web browser that is being used all over the world. In this tutorial we will discuss the features of Google Chrome, how you can download and install it in your PC.
Features of Google Chrome
Google Chrome has got many features that makes it very simple and easy to browse the web. Here are some of the features of Google Chrome.
Chrome has got a wide variety of tools to keep yourself safe online. It is updating constantly so you are protected from the latest malware as well as phishing scams. e.g. Chrome will show you a warning whenever you visit the page that is dangerous.
Google Chrome was designed for the web applications and performance with the websites like Facebook, Gmail is fast as well as reliable.
the design of Google Chrome is very simple and the Chrome Web Store make it very easy to customize Chrome with themes, web apps as well as extensions.
When you visit a website that is in a language other than English, Chrome will offer you to translate the page to your native language. Though this feature is not a perfect one but still it lets you visit millions of websites which you will not visit otherwise.
Chrome, unlike Safari or Internet Explorer does not come pre-installed with your operating system. So in order to use Google Chrome web browser you first have to download and install it onto your computer. This process is quick and simple and will be completed within no time.
Downloading and Installing Google Chrome:
- First of all by using your current browser you need to visit http://www.google.com/chrome.
- Now Google Chrome download page will appear. Now you need to locate and select the Download now button.
- Now a dialog box will appear. Now review the Google Chrome Terms of Service and then click Accept and Install.
- After clicking on Accept and Install the Google Chrome Installer will open automatically. The download and installation process will vary depending on the browser and operating system you are using. Step-by-step instructions will appear in the browser window if you are worried about proceeding ahead.
- The installer will be closed automatically when the installation process will be finished and Google Chrome will open.
- If you are a Windows user you will notice that Chrome will add a shortcut on your desktop. Whenever you need to open Chrome all you have to do is to double click on the Chrome icon. You can also access the browser from the Start menu or can also pin it to the taskbar.
- If you are a Mac user then you can open Chrome from Launchpad. You can also drag Chrome to the Dock for quick access.