Apple has released the first public beta for iOS 15 as well as iPadOS 15 on Wednesday, allowing iPhone and iPad users to try new software months before the official launch. Apple announced iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 at annual conference (Worldwide Developers Conference) in early June. Both iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 will be available in compatible iPhones and iPads this fall. It has got updates to iMessage, Safari, FaceTime and Wallet.
The public beta is a test version of the software that will come at the end of this year along with the new line-up of iPhone. The main idea behind releasing public beta is to allow enthusiasts test out the early version of the software and help Apple in identifying the bugs before official release.
How to install iOS 15, iPadOS 15 Public betas:
the public betas are now available for download but you must keep it in mind that it is a pre-release software and it will contain bugs so it is advised to run the beta version of secondary iPhone or iPad. In order to install the beta version, follow these simple steps.
- First of all, visit the Apple’s beta software website on your iPhone or iPad and then sign up or sign in by using Apple account.
- Now Sign up by selecting “enroll your devices” and agree to the terms from Apple.
- Select the software which you want to try. You can also try testing iPadOS 15 in case you need to spare iPad.
- Now tap on the Download profile button.
- In the next step open Settings and tap on the profile and tap install.
- Now your phone will restart.
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install.
Top Features of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15:
iOS15 and iPadOS 15 will come up with some new features to iPhone and iPad at the end of this year. In iOS 15 you can join FaceTime call from your iPhone, Android or Windows device. There is a new feature called FaceTime SharePlay which allow the users to watch shows on Disney+ or any other supported apps over videoconferencing. Spatial audio is also being added to FaceTime. Weather has got a new design and Maps has got some additional road details in the cities. Photos will also receive an update as well. Just like Google Lens, your iPhone will also be able to tell you information about an animal, a play, an object or a landmark. Safari will have a search bar at the bottom of the page on iPhone. It will come up with improved multitasking and more widgets on the home screen. iMessage will also be enhanced and you will be able to create a list known as “Shared With You” that will track the content shared within message threads across relevant apps.
List of iOS15, iPadOS 15 compatible iPhones, iPads:
If you are wondering whether your iPhone will be compatible with iOS 15 then you should know that Apple has released a list of the devices which will receive update when iOS 15 at the end of this year. If your iPhone is running iOS 14 then you can install the public beta on your device.
If you have got one of the devices listed below then you can use iOS 15/iPadOS 15.
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2020)
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (first generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad (8th generation)
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad Mini (5th generation)
- iPad Mini 4
- iPad Air (4th generation)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air 2
- iPod Touch (7th generation)