Endomondo, one of the most famous fitness apps is shutting down by the end of 2020. The company has announced that the fitness app will not be operational from 31st December, 2020. The announcement comes after Under Armour decided to remove the fitness app from all the stores.
According to the reports Endomondo will not function from 31st December 2020 and will be rendered inoperative. Under Armour will not provide any bug fixes or customer support for any of the version of Endomondo app which will be installed into your mobile phone. The company has said that if you have been using and tracking your workouts in Endomondo, you can now use MapMyRun app which will provide a comparable tracking experience.
According to Under Armour all the Premium memberships will be canceled at the end of this month i.e. 30th November, 2020. Users can retain the Premium benefits until the official retirement of the app I.e 31st December 2020. All the users who have already paid for the Premium through December 2020 or beyond will receive the refund which will be managed by the platform with which the users have subscribed.
The company has told its users to shift to another sister app i.e. MapMyRun which will provide comparable tracking experience. They have said that the users will have the access to their Endomondo data and they can transfer the Endomondo data can be imported to UA MapMyRun until 31st March 2021. After 31st March your personal data will be deleted.
Here are the simple steps you need to take for transferring the workout history from Endomondo to MapMyRun.
- First of all, you need to visit the website MapMyRun and then create an account.
- Now go to the settings from the drop-down menu.
- Now from the left-hand side of the website you are required to click on Connect option.
- Now click on MapMyFitness that appears when you select the Connect option.
- In the next step enter the email address and password for the MapMyRun account and click “Authorize”.
- When your accounts are connected you need to click on the toggle on the “Sync past workouts” option.
What are your thoughts about this story? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.