Most of us prepare rice as biryani or palao and some associate it with dal. But there are numerous other ways rice can be made and enjoyed. One of the many ways id preparing rice with amla. This combination may look odd but it is a delicious one and it works as an ideal lunch option. With this you can have your daily dose of vitamin C as well. Vitamin C has numerous health benefits and it includes anti-viral as well as anti-fungal properties.
Also Read: Payu Chaa, The Traditional Tea of Baltistan.
Benefits of Amla
- Amla is a rich source of vitamin C and is famous for boosting immune-health as well as ward of the cold, cough and various viral diseases.
- Amla has got anti-inflammatory properties that prevents your body from free radical damages.
- Amla is antioxidants-rich that wipe out toxins and regulate the digestion as well as metabolism. These factors leads to weight-loss.
- Amla boosts the process of protein synthesis thus providing a kick of energy to the body.
- Here is the recipe to make delicious Amla rice.
- 1 1/2 cup – Soaked Basmati rice
- 3 cups + 1/4 cup – Water
- 1 1/2tbsp – Sesame oil
- 2 – Grated Amla
- 1/4tsp – Asafoetida
- 1tsp – Split skinless black gram or urad dal
- 1/4 cup – Cashew nuts
- 1/2tsp – Turmeric powder
- 2tbsp – Coriander leaves
- 10-12 – Curry leaves
- 1tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1/2tsp – Cumin seeds
- 1tsp – Bengal gram or chana dal
- A pinch – Kasuri methi powder
- 2-3 – Dried red chillies
- First of all you are required to put the soaked rice, water and a pinch of salt in a pressure pan. Now give it a mix and then cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Now add oil, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal, curry leaves, asafoetida, red chilies, cashew nuts and a pinch of kasuri methi. After this add grated amla.
- Now you need to give it a good mix. Now saute for a minute and then add red chilli powder, turmeric and salt to your taste.
- Now add ¼ cup of water and then cook for 2-3 minutes. Now mix the rice.
- At the end put the coriander leaves for garnishing.