Smriti Mandhana is making waves in the world of cricket at the moment. Her off-drives are a treat to watch for the fans all over the globe. She was born on 18th July 1996 in Mumbai. In 2018 Smriti Mandhana caught the eyes of everyone when she produced some amazing performances in ICC Women’s World T20. She was the third highest run scorer of the World Cup with 178 runs.
Smriti Madhana is currently at No. 9 position of ICC Women’s ODI ranking and No. 4 in ICC Women’s T20I rankings. Madhana was also part of the Indian team that qualified for the finals of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup in Australia. She has also won Arjuna Award, a prestigious award for outstanding performance in sports.
Here are some of the interesting facts about India stylish left-handed batswoman Smriti Mandhana
- When Smriti Mandhana was selected for Maharashtra’s U-15 team she was only 9 years old.
- She came to limelight at national level when she scored 224 runs off 150 balls in an ODI against Gujrat.
- She debuted for Indian national team at the age of 16 and now she has become the pillar of the Indian women team.
- She is only the 2nd Indian cricketer after Harmanpreet Kaur who have signed a deal with Bribane Heat for Women’s Big Bash league.
- Smriti Mandhana scored her maiden international hundred against Australia in 2016 at Bellerive Oval in Hobart.