Summer season is just round the corner and if you are a food junkie then this season is more than special for you as it is the season of ‘mangoes’. This juicy, tangy and sweet fruit is considered as the king of fruits in Pakistan.
Summer season is no less than a festive season for any mango lover as there are loads of varieties available in market and each variant has it’s own unique taste. Today we have come up with two interesting and delicious mango recipes that you can try this summer.
Chaat is actually a savoury snack that was originated in India. Chaat is very famous in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. If you love chaat and mangoes then this recipe is a perfect for you. Here is how you can make Mango Chaat.
- 2 Mangoes (diced)
- 2 cups of boiled chickpeas
- 1 tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 3 Tbsp of puffed rice
- 6-8 mint leaves
- 1 tsp salt.
- 3 tsp. Lemon juice.
- 1 Tbsp. Brown sugar.
- ½ tsp. chaat masala
- ½ tsp. red chili powder
How to make Mango Chaat:
- First of all, take a small bowl and whisk together brown sugar, lemon juice, salt, chaat masala and red chilli and then put it aside.
- Now take a large bowl and mix chickpeas, tomato, mango and then mix all of them gently.
- Now pour the dressing over the chickpeas’ mixture before serving and also toss gently.
- Now take it to the serving dish and garnish the chaat with the mint leaves as well as puffed rice.
In order to beat the heat, you need to have one glass of mango lassi. Here is how you can make mango lassi.
- 2 cup of mango pulp
- 1 cup of mango (diced)
- 1 cup of plain whole milk yogurt.
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp white sugar or honey
- 5-6 ice cubes
How to Make Mango Lassi:
- Place all the above-mentioned ingredients in a blender.
- Blend all of it until it is smooth and foamy.
- If you need then chill the mixture until it is super cold.
- Now pour the mixture into glass and garnish it with mango cubes.