Here are 14 interesting facts about the little maestro Sachin Tendulkar:
- The Master Blaster once fielded for arch-rivals Pakistan as a substitute during a practice match against
India at Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai in the year 1988.
- The Maestro is the 1st active cricketer to be nominated to the Rajya Sabha.
- Sachin was a ball boy during the 1987 World Cup match between India and Zimbabwe at Wankhede Stadium.
- As an ambitious fast bowler, Tendulkar was rejected by Dennis Lillee’s MRF Pace Foundation in 1987.
- Maruti-800 was the first car used by the little master.
- As a kid, Sachin Tendulkar used to sleep with his cricket gear.
- Sachin is very fond of watches and perfumes.
- Paaji ( name given by Harbhajan Singh ) was the first ever cricketer to be given out by third umpire.
- Sachin is the youngest Indian to play county cricket.
- In the year 1995, Sachin went to watch Roja movie in theatre with a beard and disguise. Unfortunately for him it all went wrong when his glasses fell off and people in the theatre recognized him.
- Sachin Tendulkar used a very heavy bat during his career. The weight of his bat was 3.2lbs. Only South African Allrounder Lance Klusener used heavier bat in cricketing world.
- Sachin was a big fan of the tennis legend John McEnroe. Sachin once grew his hair and tied a band around in order to copy his idol.
- Tennis legends Pete Sampras and Boris Becker consider Sachin Tendulkar as their role model.
- Sachin is very possessive about his Ferrari and his possessiveness can be judged by the fact that his wife Anjali is not allowed to touch it.